Part Time Administrative Assistant
July and August 2021 – 10 hours/week then September 2021 to March 2022 – 21 hours/week
We are looking to hire an experienced Administrative Assistant on a part-time fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, to provide administrative and financial support.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the National Director.
To accommodate work volumes some of the Administrative Assistant’s tasks may be given to a volunteer.
· General office duties including answering the telephone, taking messages, recording information, filing, photocopying, dealing with emails, enquiries and maintaining records
· Handling incoming and outgoing mail, including responding to donations and requests for information
· Inputting information into an accounts package
· Cash handling, and banking
· Processing online payments
· Bank statement reconciliation
· Processing Gift Aid claim
· Managing contracts with suppliers and having responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of office equipment
· Providing administration support to all staff within the organisation including mail outs, data input, collation of reports and information
· Liaising with parishes and schools
· Minute taking at meetings
· Purchase household supplies and stationery items in line with annual budget
· Any other duties as required
· General office admin experience
· Attention to detail
· IT and communication skills (Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Basic finance e.g. banking, petty cash
· Good people skills
· Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
· Understand confidentiality and the requirements of GDPR
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Excellent record keeping skills
Knowledge of Quickbooks
Knowledge of Donations Coordinator Software
Rate of Pay: £9.25 per hour
Hours of work:
July and August 2021 – 10 hours per week.
September 2021 to March 2022 – 21 hours per week.
Apply by sending a CV and covering email to
Download the job description here